Welcome back to my student blog.  I'm going quote one of my adult students again today.  This is from Jeff, whom I've quoted on this page before.  Jeff came across a great band called Mumford and Sons, whom some of you have probably heard.  Here is what Jeff has to say about this band and some of their techniques:
For the past few months, I've been playing (working on) something that I hope many of you will find as interesting and enjoyable as I have. "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons.

Besides being an awesome song (and band), it's a fun song that is technically playable by someone like me who has only been playing for about 18 months. Playing it provides an opportunity to practice a wide range and combination of techniques such as: picking, muting, and slides.

For me, it's been a great introduction to alternate tunings. It's played in open D (D-A-D-F♯-A-C♯) Capo:2 or you an just play in open E (E-B-E-G♯-B-E) so you don't need the capo. You can find reasonably close tabs but I really recommend this great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJcvLyoAAnk of an acoustic set playing in NY, 2010. The camera work makes it really see how Marcus plays the guitar part and it's a great play along.

Enjoy.
 
 
Thanks Jeff!

Comments

Popular Posts